Tuesday, April 5, 2022

The Phil Silvers Show 2.10

Doberman's Sister

The families of the men in Bilko's platoon are coming to visit. Bilko wants all the men to pair up with the sisters of their fellow soldiers. No one wants Diane, Duane Doberman's sister. Bilko tricks Fielding Zimmerman into offering to take out Diane.

Bilko starts to have second thoughts about tricking Zimmerman into agreeing taking Diane out. Bilko wonders if she is really as beautiful as he made her seem. He convinces Zimmerman that he was wrong about Diane. Bilko cancels a date he had with Sgt Hogan and goes to meet Diane Doberman at the bus station, only to discover that she greatly resembles her brother.

Thoughts

Col. Hall is not in this episode.

There are four dream sequences. All of them are about Diane Doberman. The first three are the dreams of Papparelli, Fleischman, and Fender. They each imagine what it would be like to meet Diane. The fourth dream is Bilko's. In his dream she looks kind of like Marilyn Monroe but she is still with Zimmerman. 

I love how Bilko fools Zimmerman and then starts to believe his own lie. This was a lot of fun. I thought I knew how it was going to end and ultimately I was correct but I changed my mind more than once as I watched the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment