Friday, April 22, 2022

Flickers 1.06

Episode 6

Arnie and Maud aren't sure where they are going to turn for money. Arnie gives the actors a hard time for not trying harder. Arnie talks the owner of a funeral home into investing in the studio. The banker who walked out of the party in the last episode returns and is interested in learning more about the studio. He also decides to invest in the studio.

Corky Brown is at the studio late one night, goofing off with a friend, when a fire breaks out. Corky dies in the fire. The studio burns to the ground. Everything is lost except four reels of the movie on which they were working. The new backers of the studio decide to stand by the studio. More movies are made and the studio thrives.

Thoughts

My opinion of this show has not changed. I wasn't crazy about it. It all feels a little too facile and poorly taped together. I'm not sure that I really needed to watch all of it but I did. I think in general that there was just a little too much fast forwarding to satisfy me, throughout the series and in this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment