Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Tick (2001) 1.09

The Big Leagues

The Tick and Arthur are invited to join the League of Superheroes. Captain Liberty is angry because she wasn't invited to join the League. She files a lawsuit because the League doesn't have any members who aren't white men. Her lawyer, Steve Filbert, tries to talk her out of suing the League. Her lawyer has a secret that explains why he doesn't want Captain Liberty to sue the League of Superheroes.

Thoughts

The Tick is so clueless that he doesn't recognize the Champion, the leader of the League of Superheroes, in his civilian identity. All it takes to confuse the Tick is for the Champion to put on his glasses.

This was a fun one. I like the commentary on the superhero genre. The one place where I think it fell short is the ending. They wrapped it up way too quickly. They could have stretched this one out into a two-parter.

This is the final episode in the 2001 series. There is another Tick TV show which is a little more recent. I might give that one a try later this year. It ran for 22 episodes. I watched a trailer for it. I was skeptical before watching the trailer but now I'm interested. I still have yet to read any Tick comic books.

No comments:

Post a Comment