Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Outlaw Star 1.26

Back to Space

Hazanko tries to seize the power of the Galactic Leyline but Gene shows up. He shoots Hazanko with a caster shell. It seems to kill Hazanko but it also knocks Gene off his feet. Gwen Khan shows up while Gene is writhing on the ground. Gene recovers. Gwen Khan tries to talk to Gene about splitting the power of the Galactic Leyline.

Hazanko returns before the conversation gets very far. Gene shoots him again, this time with his last caster shell. Everything fades to black. Gene wakes up in another dimension. Melfina is there. She tells him that they are within the Galactic Leyline. Gwen Khan is there. He finally seems to have found what he seeks.

The moment doesn't last. Gene and Melfina return to the Outlaw Star. Hazanka has acquired great power. Fighting together, Gene plus Melfina and the rest of their friends defeat Hazanko. They return to Sentinel Three where things are the same as ever.

Thoughts

I think the ending was a bit lackluster. It wasn't awful it just didn't really do it for me. It felt like ground I have trod before, possibly because I have seen it before. It has been a long time since the last time I saw it and I honestly didn't remember how this story ended. I don't see myself watching it again. Twice is more than enough. It's not awful it's just not that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment