Thursday, October 5, 2023

Pitch Perfect (2012)

starring Anna Kendrick
directed by Jason Moore

112 minutes

Becca (Anna Kendrick) wants to become a music producer. Her father wants her to join a club, any club, now that she's a freshman at Barden University. He agrees to pay for a trip to L.A. if she will join a club and stick with it for the rest of her freshman year. She joins the Bellas, one of four a capella groups on campus.

Becca has ideas for how the group could improve their chances in regional and national competitions. Aubrey, the de facto leader of the Bellas, rejects Becca's ideas. She insists that they need to stick with the same songs they have always sung. 

Thoughts

This was fun but not fun enough for me. It was a little too upbeat and lacking in musical numbers that impressed me. I wasn't surprised that the story was fairly cookie cutter but the music wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. I didn't hate the songs. I felt more meh about it than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment