Friday, January 19, 2024

Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

starring Constance Wu, Henry Golding
directed by Jon M. Chu

121 minutes

Nick Young (Jenry Golding) invites Rachel Chu (Constance Wu), his girlfriend, to fly from New York City, where she teaches economics, to Singapore for his best friend's wedding. Rachel has some doubts but decides to go with him.

Nick is from Singapore, which Rachel knows, but he never told her that his family is super rich. This leads to numerous complications. Nick and Rachel both try but other people conspire to push them apart.

Thoughts

I don't know what more to say. I think that my summary sets the table without giving too much away.

I enjoyed this movie very much. I had not seen it before. I think it lived up to the hype that it received. It isn't perfect. There is a little too much going on, as in too many subplots, but I enjoyed it. There was more than one moment that moved me but there were also a fair number of moments that made me laugh or at least smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment