Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Sherman's Showcase 1.01

Meet Sherman

John Legend introduces Sherman's Showcase, a show that originally aired in the early 1970s. Sherman's Showcase was a variety show. There is some background provided about Sherman's father, who was also in the entertainment business. There is an interview with Alex Haley. There are a few musical performances.

Sherman's show is a love letter to and a spoof of shows like Solid Gold and Soul Train, to name a few. It is very tongue in cheek. There are clips form the 1970s, 1980s, and beyond.

I enjoyed this very much. My description can't capture the spirit of this show but I really enjoyed watching it. I can't stop here. I will be be watching more of this show in the near future.

Sherman was played by Bashir Salahuddin. He was also in GLOW where he played Keith Bang, the referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment