Sunday, May 5, 2024

Star Wars (1977)

Star Wars (1977)

starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford
directed by George Lucas

121 minutes

After watching the 1997 version of this movie  I decided to give the original version another try. I have the limited edition two-DVD sets of the first three Star Wars movies (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi), which include the original unaltered versions of the movies. It was such a breath of fresh air to watch the original cut of Star Wars (1977). It was reassuring to see that my recent experience at the theater didn't ruin the original for me.

I don't need or want to watch this movie every year but it is nice to know that I have it on my shelf, especially considering that I cannot rent or buy this movie on any online streaming service. George Lucas deserves all the credit in the world for making this movie and all the blame in the world for making it so hard to watch the original cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment