Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Skateboard (1978)

Starring Allen Garfield, Kathleen Lloyd, Leif Garrett, Tony Alva
Directed by George Gage

Manny forms a skateboard team composed of a bunch of teens and preteens. Manny is a middle aged guy. He owes $10,000 to a Sol, a bookie. Somehow he hopes to get the team good enough that they win a big competition that will pay them $20,000.

Not a great film but I watched it for nostalgic reasons. I think I saw this when I was a kid, probably when it first came out. All I could really remember about it was that it ended with a downhill race, and it did.

Manny buys the kids beer at one point and shares a bottle of champagne with them in another point. This would not happen in a movie that was made today.

I enjoyed it enough to feel that I wasn't wasting my time but I wouldn't recommend it to most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment