Monday, August 29, 2022

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)

starring Lisa Kudrow, Mira Sorvino, Janeane Garofalo
directed by David Mirkin

Romy (Mira Sorvino) and Michele (Lisa Kudrow), best friends since high school, head back to Tuscon, AZ for their 10-year high school reunion. They remember a lot of things about what what high school was like before they decide to go. They are nervous about what they will find and want to convince everyone they are very successful despite the fact that they are not.

They get into a fight on the way to the reunion. That leads to a weird dream about the reunion and then the actual reunion itself. The actual reunion works out differently than the one in Michele's dream. Things go worse at first but then they get better.

Thoughts

I've been to a few high school reunions. They were nowhere near as fun as the one in this movie.

I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out. I enjoyed it then and I still like it a lot. I think this was the first time I've watched it since then. If I have seen it more than once in the 25 years since I first saw it then it wasn't recently.

It's a fun watch. I like the sense of humor. Its far from from perfect but it is the sort of movie I can see myself watching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment