Saturday, August 20, 2022

Dark Side of the Ring 1.01


The Match Made in Heaven

This is the story of Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Miss Elizabeth. Their story is told through clips from the 1980s and 1990s, interviews conducted in 2017, and recreations. They were married in real life for several years. Randy was very controlling and that eventually pushed her to divorce him. She died in 2003 from a drug overdose, years after they got divorced. He died in a car accident in 2010.

The peoplr interviewed for this include Lanny Poffo (Randy's brother), Bruce Pritchard, Scott Hall, Eric Bischoff, Jimmy Hart, and Linda Bollea (Hulk Hogan's ex-wofe).

Thoughts

I knew that it didn't end well for either Randy or Elizabeth so I wasn't expecting a happy ending. I was a little disappointed to see that Randy's fights with George "The Animal" Steele didn't even get a mention. 

This was a decent watch. It isn't the most critical piece of journalism. It gives Macho Mon a lot of slack at the same time it acknowledges that he was responsible for destroying their marriage. I don't think I would recommend it to everyone but I enjoyed it. I may watch more episodes in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment