Saturday, August 20, 2022

Nope (2022)

Nope (2022)

starring Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer
written and directed by Jordan Peele

OJ (Daniel Kaluuya) and Em Haywood (Keke Palmer), siblings, are trying to figure out how to make ends meet six months after their father passed away. Otis, their father and OJ trained horses for roles in movies. Something fell from the sky and killed Otis. Something mysterious has been spooking the horses that they have left, that they have not sold to pay their bills.

OJ thinks it is a UFO that is spooking the horses and spends what money they have buying surveillance cameras. He hopes to catch the UFO on film and sell the footage. They get some help setting up the cameras from Angel, who works at the store where they bought the cameras. They later get the interest of Antlers, an indie movie director. He helps them film the phenomenon once it has caused enough destruction.

Thoughts

I had not heard much about this movie. I went to see it because I enjoyed Jordan Peele's previous two films. (Get Out, Us). This one left me scratching my head. I'm not sure what to make of it. I think it was supposed to be scary but that wasn't my experience. I had trouble getting into the story. I really wasn't sure where it was going or what it was supposed to be. Even after the movie ended I didn't feel much of anything. It didn't move me one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment