Sunday, August 7, 2022

Fall of Grayskull (2015)

Fall of Grayskull (2015)

starring Mercedez Varble, Brian Cage, Kevin Clark
written and directed by Daniel Benedict

36 minutes

He-Man (Brian Cage) has been captured by Skeletor (Kevin Clark) and two of his minions, Evil-Lyn and Triklops. Skeletor is on the brink of taking control of Castle Grayskull. Teela (Mercedez Varble) works with Shadow Weaver to prevent Skeletor from consolidating his power.

Thoughts

I only found out about this fan-made movie by chance. I was searching for images from the Masters of the Universe (1987) movie when I came across an image of the poster for Fall of Grayskull. I looked a little more and found the movie on YouTube.

Neither the special effects nor the fight choreography are great. They were good enough for me, considering that this is a fan-made movie. I would expect more in both departments if this was made by a big studio.

This feels like Teela's story. He-Made and Skeletor's conflict is an important part of it but Teela is the one with all the character moments. She is the one who has to overcome personal doubts. 

This was a fun watch. I'm not sure If I would feel quite so positively about it if it was 2 to 4 times as long as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment