Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Atlanta 4.10

It Was All a Dream

Van invites Earn, Al, and Darius to have lunch with her in a new sushi restaurant. It is right across the street from a Popeye's. Al isn't crazy about the sushi restaurant and keeps eyeing the Popeye's.

Darius spends some time in a sensory deprivation chamber. He wakes up numerous times. Towards the end of the episode he shows up at the sushi restaurant, just as the owner is getting angry at Alfred for wanting to leave and get some chicken from Popeye's. They speed off in a car he stole.

Darius tells his friends about the dream he is in. They don't believe him that it is just a dream.

Thoughts

I didn't keep track of how many times Darius woke up but it must have been around a half dozen. I'm not sure which dream was the weirdest or if they were all dreams, as the title implied. Was the whole show, all four seasons a dream? I don't know and I don't really care if it was or was not.

I think this episode struck the right balance for a final episode for this show. The four main characters from the cast are all in it but it is a weird episode.

I enjoyed watching this show. It was a challenging watch, at times, but it almost always gave me something to think about. I'm not sure who I would or should recommend it to. I think that there are plenty of people out there who might enjoy it at first but then grow tired of it and lose interest. I could see myself re-watching some but probably not every episode of this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment