Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Doctor Who (1963) 11.01.03

The Time Warrior - Part Three

Sarah, Hal, and a group Sir Edward's men rescue the Doctor from death at the hands of Irongron. They take him back to Sir Edward's castle. Sarah and the Doctor talk. She finally starts to see that he isn't working for Irongron. The Doctor agrees to help Sir Edward defend his castle against an attack by Irongron.

The Doctor and Sarah make preparations to repel Irongron and his men. The villain shows up as expected and attempts to storm Sir Edward's castle. Linx is with him. He encourages Irongron to use the weapons he provided but Irongron isn't proficient enough to make good use of the muskets that Linx gave him.

The Doctor and Sarah hurl stink bombs and firecrackers at Irongron's men. It isn't long before Irongron and his men retreat to his castle.

The Doctor and Sarah sneak into Irongron's castle disguised as friars. They find Professor Rubeish in Linx's workshop and the Doctor gets starts to try and un-hypnotize the scientists that Linx stole from the 20th century.

Irongron decides he's had enough of Linx. The feeling is mutual. Linx starts to pack his gear. He returns to his workshop. The Doctor confronts the Sontaran and offers to help him but Linx pulls out his power stick and starts to use it on the Doctor.

Thoughts

This is a decent sort of episode. I'm still not sold on Jon Pertwee as the Doctor. I'm watching this mostly for Liz Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith. She's a more interesting character than he is and when given the chance she rises to the occasion much more that him.

I've started to re-watch these episode, with the commentary track turned on, right after I watch it with the traditional track. I think I like it better that way.

I'm not sure that I like this one as much as the next Sontaran story, The Sontaran Experiment. That was the first Doctor Who story that I ever saw. I was immediately intrigued. I'm not sure if I would have felt the same if this had been my first.

No comments:

Post a Comment