Sunday, June 9, 2024

Justice League Action 1.01

Shazam Slam - Part 1: Classic Rock

Batman teams up with the wizard Shazam and Billy Batson. Together they do battle with Black Adam who has taken control of the Rock of Eternity.

Thoughts

This show is about six years old but I've never watched it before. The episodes are about 12 minutes long. This episode is part one of a four-part story. The animation is a little more cartoony that the animation in the cartoons helmed by Bruce Timm but it seems to be cut from a similar piece of cloth in terms of the seriousness of the story and characters.

It always feels a bit weird when Batman steps appears in a story where magic plays a big role. He seems very out of place.

I'm not sure how to refer to the adult that Billy transforms into after he says SHAZAM. Originally, in comic books, he was called Captain Marvel but that has not been the case for probably a decade or more.

I enjoyed watching this episode. I'm eager for more. I can easily see myself watching one of these a week for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment