Sunday, June 23, 2024

Nobody (2021)

Nobody (2021)

starring Bob Odenkirk
directed by Ilya Naishuller

92 minutes

Hutch Mansell is an accountant with a wife and two children. His rage gets unleashed one day after a home invasion. In the process of trying to track down something that the robbers took he crosses paths with and seriously injures the younger brother of a big time Russian gangster.

Hutch, it turns out, had another job before he was an accountant. He was a special operative for an unnamed government agency. Once Hutch realizes who he is dealing with, and how serious they are about payback, he kicks it into high gear.

Thoughts

Christopher Lloyd, RZA, Michael Ironside, Connie Nielsen are also in this movie. They each get their moment(s) to shine but this is Bob Odenkirk's movie.

This film has been compared to John Wick (2014). I'm not crazy about either film but Nobody at least felt appropriately messy as times.

This movie was fun and funny at times. The last 20 minutes were completely ridiculous. It's not the sort of film I see myself revisiting in the future. There were moments that made me smile and laugh but now that I know how it all turns out in the end I have my doubts as to whether I would still enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment