Sunday, June 6, 2021

NewsRadio 4.11

Chock

Three of Dave's old friends from Wisconsin visit him in New York. They are there to revive their acapella quartet, Chock Full of Notes, and go professional. Dave has no interest but the others seem determined to go through with the plan.

Lisa yells at Matthew and makes him cry. Beth thinks Lisa was justified in yelling at him but Mr. James does not.

Thoughts

David Cross, Bob Odenkirk, and Brian Posehn play the other three members of Chock Full of Notes: Dave, Bob, and Brian.

I don't recall if I saw this one before. If I saw it when it first aired then I probably wasn't aware of who David Cross, Bob Odenkirk, and Brian Posehn were at that time. All three were part of Mr. Show, which I have never watched. I associate them with others shows which I have watched, David Cross/Arrested Development, Bob Odenkirk/Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, Brian Posehn/Just Shoot Me.

I really enjoyed this one. The guest stars were all great and helped to make this episode what it is. I also enjoyed the b plot. There was no one moment that did it for me, it was just the combination of it all. I especially liked how earnest Bob and Dave were about going through with reviving the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment