Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Addams Family (1991)

The Addams Family (1991)

starring Anjelica Huston, Raul Julia, Christopher Lloyd
directed by Barry Sonnenfeld

Fester Addams (Christopher Lloyd) mysteriously returns from the Bermuda Triangle after 30 years. He is accompanied by Dr. Pinder-Schloss, a psychiatrist, but everything is not as it seems. Fester believes he is Dr. Pinder-Schloss's son but he develops a fondness for the Addams family and starts to push back at the doctor's attempts to control him.

Thoughts

This was the first movie that Barry Sonnenfeld directed. He was primarily a cinematographer prior to this movie. He makes a cameo appearance in this movie as the passenger on the train. He also directed the sequel, Addams Family Values.

This is such a fun movie to watch. It isn't great but I really like it. I don't think I saw it in the theater when it first came out but I'm pretty sure I saw it at an outdoor screening the following year. I've probably seen it several times since then but it has been several years since I last saw it. I was a big fan of the 1964 TV show of the same name which I first saw in reruns in the mid-1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment