Friday, November 4, 2022

Better Call Saul 3.01

Mabel

Jimmy tries to patch things up with Chuck but Chuck isn't swayed by Jimmy's charm. He has him on tape admitting to a felony. Chuck shares the tape with Howard who points out that it wouldn't get them anywhere. Chuck has ideas about how to use it.

Kim is wary of Jimmy now that she knows he pulled a stunt to get her the Mesa Verde account. 

The US Air Force captain, who was tricked into helping Jimmy film a commercial, confronts him. He demands that Jimmy stop using the commercial. He threatens to tell his commanding officer what Jimmy did. Jimmy makes a counteroffer which isn't exactly accepted and the captain leaves empty handed.

Mike tears apart his car and finds a tracking device hidden inside the cap to the gas tank. He finds another one in his other car. He doesn't know who placed them there but he starts to work on figuring out who did it.

Thoughts

Jimmy and Mike do not cross paths or talk on the phone in this episode.

I like the parts with Mike a little better. There were a lot of stretches with little to no dialogue. I like it. I'm not sure where things are headed exactly for Jimmy and Kim over the course of this season. She has trouble trusting him, and maybe her own abilities. Jimmy seems to be at least partly if not mostly to blame for that.

Chuck wants to hurt Jimmy or at least that's the way I see it. It is similar to the way that Jimmy is treating Kim but not exactly. I think that Jimmy can't help it. I think that Chuck can, although he seems a bit damaged too so maybe I shouldn't judge him too harshly. I just don't feel sympathy for Chuck in the same way that I do for Jimmy.

This was a good episode and a good start to the season. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment