Friday, November 11, 2022

The Tick (2001) 1.01

Pilot

The Tick leaves the bus station where he lives and moves to the City. There he meets Arthur, a would be superhero, and together they defend former President Jimmy Carter from a Soviet killing machine. They also cross paths with Batmauel and Captain Liberty.

Thoughts

This show only lasted for 9 episodes. It was broadcast on Fox. I did not see it then. This is my first time watching it. 

Patrick Warburton plays title the Tick. He is completely clueless but supremely confident. I know Warburton best from his appearances on Seinfeld, NewsRadio, and in The Emperor's New Groove.

I'm aware of but I have never read a Tick comic book. I really don't know much about it. I didn't feel like I was missing anything by watching this episode without having read the comic book or seen the other television versions of it. It was a little ridiculous but a lot of fun. I laughed several times, that was enough for me to come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment