Monday, July 31, 2023

Teen Titans 3.13

Titans East (Part 2)

Cyborg quickly learns that his new teammates have been brainwashed by Brother Blood. They attack him. He tries calling his old teammates for help but his signal is being blocked. He tries to talk the other Titans East into resisting Brother Blood but it is too late.

Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy show up just when it seems like all hope is lost. The two teams fight one another. Cyborg gets pulled aside into a fight with Brother Blood. Cyborg tries his best but Brother Blood seems to have his number. He cuts off Cyborg's arms and legs. Brother Blood shows him how his new teammates have defeated Cyborg's old teammates.

Brother Blood still isn't satisfied. He still wants to know how Cyborg resists his brainwashing. Cyborg explains that it doesn't have anything to do with he mechanical body parts and then he uses a power that he has never exhibited before to repair himself and defeat Brother Blood.

Thoughts

I know I'm not the target audience for this show but I do wish they could mixed it up a little more than they did. It always seems like the Titans are just about defeated when something turns the tide. This time is was a superpower that even Cyborg didn't realize he had. There is no real attempt to explain what happened.

This was an okay season. Not terribly special but also not awful. I watch it because I like the comic book upon which it was based. I like some of the more superficial aspects of the show but it is definitely lacking in substance. I hope to come back to give season four a try someday.

I didn't think much of Brother Blood as a supervillain in this season. I don't recall Brother Blood ever being fixated on Cyborg in the comic books. I thought it was really weird that he had parts of his body replaced by cybernetic enhancements. That seemed out of character and out of place for Brother Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment