Thursday, July 13, 2023

Teen Titans 3.11

Bunny Raven... or... How to Make a Titananimal Disappear

The Teen Titans battle Mumbo while he is in the process of robbing a bank. He zaps them into his top hat. He changes Raven into a bunny. He changes Robin into a monkey. He changes Starfire into a cat. He changes Cyborg into a bear. He tries changing Beast Boy into an animal but Beast Boy keeps reverting to his human form so instead he changes him into a lamp.

The Titans are without their powers and for the most part helpless to try and stop Mumbo from doing whatever he wants to do. Raven comes up with a plan, in the end, that frees them from Mumbo's hat and helps them capture him.

Thoughts

There are bits of this episode that reminded me of the Muppet Show. I haven't watched it in more than 3 or 4 decades but there's a lot I remember from that show.

There's a musical number in this episode but I didn't feel that it added very much.

I did like how Beast Boy was able to change shape, after he had been transformed into a lamp but only into other inanimate objects like a telephone or a stock ticker or a phone booth.

I can appreciate little bits of this one but on the whole I wasn't so crazy about it. Everything seemed to be working against the Titans until the last minute and then suddenly the tables got turned on the villain. If I had really enjoyed the ride up to that point then I might have been willing to overlook that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment