Sunday, July 2, 2023

NewsRadio 5.22

New Hampshire

Jimmy returns to announce that he has sold WNYX. He wants Dave to move to New Hampshire and run the local radio station which he just bought. Dave turns down Jimmy's offer but recommends that Jimmy hire Matthew in his place. One by one, Jimmy convinces everyone at WNYX (except Dave) to leave New York and move to New Hampshire.

Thoughts

This was a decent end to the show. It actually wrapped things up. There were some unresolved issues and things that were left a little ambiguous but it could have been much worse. I like a little ambiguity.

This episode was also funnier than the previous one.

Final Thoughts

I first saw NewsRadio when it first aired as a mid-season replacement show in 1995. I watched it intermittently when it first aired. I saw reruns over the years. This is the final episode of this series. I think I had seen most of the episodes before but I don't think seen them all before now.

It took me almost 8 years to work my way though all 5 season of NewsRadio. I started to watch it (again) in Sep 2015. I watched at least four episodes every year until I finished it tonight. I watched at least 12 (but no more than 16) episodes in six of the nine calendar years (2015-23) since I started this project. I only managed to watch 4 to 7 episodes in the other three years.

I might watch this show again someday but if I do then there's a good chance that I will first make a list of my favorite episodes and just watch those. Now it is time to move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment