Monday, July 24, 2023

Chewing Gun 2.01

WTF Happened?

Three months have passed since the end of Season One. Tracey has a job working in a convenience store. She hasn't seen Connor in a few months. She sees pictures of him with another woman. Connor stops by the shop. He wants to talk. She tries to make like she has a celebrity boyfriend, Stormzy. She gets help from her cousin Ola faking the celebrity boyfriend routine. 

Thoughts

It has been about six years since I watched the first season. I think it was on Netflix at the time. I took a break from Chewing Gum after I finished the first season. The show was pulled from Netflix soon after that. It's available on Hoopla now. That's how I watched this episode.

This was a lot of fun. I had to watch it with the subtitles turned on. They talk fast, sometimes mumble, and the accents are a little too much for me sometimes. It is a good mix of heartfelt and laugh out loud funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment