Saturday, September 14, 2019

Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons and Dragons (2019)

Directed by Kelley Slagle and Brian Stillman

This documentary tells the story of the art and the artists behind the art at TSR, the company that created Dungeons and Dragons.

Some of the names were familiar to me but many were not. The same is true of the images. Some were covers to books and modules that I recall. Other images were covers from Dragon magazine.

It was great to hear some of the stories. It isn't a perfect documentary. I think my favorite part was when they talked about the four artists and their styles. At first it all looked very similar to me but as they explained each artist's strength, weakness, and preference I started to see the nuances that separate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment