Sunday, September 1, 2019

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Starring Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Hailee Steinfeld, Mahershala Ali, Bryan Tyree Henry, Lily Tomlin
Directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman

Miles Morales acquires spider powers after getting bit by a spider. He witnesses the death of the original Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and meets a groups of Spider superheroes from other universes. The Spider-Heroes work together to prevent Kingpin and Doctor Octopus from destroying the multiverse.

There were a lot of moments that I loved. There were a number of moments when I laughed out loud. There was one moment that got me emotional and teary-eyed.

I probably should have gone to see it in the theater. It isn't perfect. I have some quibbles with it but it was a fun ride and kept me entertained throughout. The visuals were spectacular but there were times when it was hard to tell what was happening. I did like how each of the Spider-Heroes had their own look and didn't look as if they all came from the same universe.

I can see this being a beloved favorite for some kids in the way that Star Wars: A New Hope is for me. I hope that there are plans to do more movies in this vein but I wouldn't also mind seeing a TV show. One aspect of the movie that I've seen before and that I've grown a little tired of is how everything is tied together so tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment