Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Dear White People 3.10

Chapter X

The episode opens with a Dear White People parody called Dear Black People. It purports to be Chapter 1 of a new show. It sticks with the alternate take for about 6 minutes before resuming the regular version of the show.

Sam shows her movie, or what she has cobbled together so far, to a select group of people. Joelle, Lionel, Gabe, D'Unte, Michael, Coco, and more are all there. Reggie shows up briefly but doesn't stick around until the end. Joelle reconnects with Rachid who doesn't seem to want to reconnect with her and has found someone since moving out of A/P.

Lionel and Michael hang out after the viewing. Lionel want to be with Michael, who openly admits to being HIV positive. Lionel doesn't know what to do. Michael expects him to make the first move which he finally does by kissing Michael.

Lionel finds out the real name of the Narrator, Dr. Edward Ruskin, from Dean Fairbanks. Troy meets up with his father. It has something to do with the secret order. Reggie confronts Moses Brown about what happened to Muffy, and then walks out on him. Lionel and Sam go to see Dr. Ruskin. He tells them stuff.

Thoughts

There's more but I hate doing the blow by blow description of every single scene. There are even a couple parting shots that hint at more but that's okay. I'm fine with there not being more. Truth be told I don't know if I would have watched this season if I didn't know that it was the last one. I really liked the first season but the 2nd and 3rd ones not quite as much. I hoped that the third season would be a bit more to my liking and that I would be disappointed that the show was canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment