Saturday, October 17, 2020

The Phil Silvers Show 1.11

Bivouac

Col. Hall knows that Sgt. Bilko will do something to get out of going to the field on bivouac. He warns Captain Curtis about Bilko's past, how he has evaded going into the field in the past. Captain Curtis is ready for almost anything but he's not ready for Bilko, who fools him into believing he that he's developed Wilkinson's disease. Bilko gets his way until Captain Curtis realizes he's been fooled. The Captain turns the tables on Bilko at that point by diagnosing him as being terminally ill.

Thoughts

This is a fun one. It's a bit ridiculous but it all revolves Bilko. I think that's what made it work for me. I also like the way the tables turned back and forth. Col. Hall seems to have the upper hand, then Bilko does, then Hall does.

Part of the fun for me in an episode like this one is trying to figure out how and when Bilko is going to fool the captain. I knew it was coming I just didn't know the details. It kept it interesting even if at its base it is a bit ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment