Tuesday, January 12, 2021

A Night in Casablanca (1946)


starring Groucho Marx, Harpo Marx, Chico Marx, Charles Drake, Lois Collier, Sig Ruman
directed by Archie Mayo

Ronald Kornblow (Grouncho) is hired to replace the murdered manager of a hotel in Casablanca. He spends most of his time chasing after Bea (Lisette Verea) who is working for Stubel (Sig Ruman), a Nazi. Rusty (Harpo) and Corbaccio (Chico) keep Kornblow out of trouble and spend their spare time searching for the stolen treasures that are rumored to be hidden in the hotel. Stubel decides that Kornblow needs to be killed and gets Bea to set a trap for him.

Thoughts

I'm not sure when or where I saw this before, probably sometime in the 1980s, but I'm positive that this isn't the first time I've seen it.

This was fun but not great. I don't regret watching it. I don't recall the last time I saw a Marx Bros movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment