Monday, January 25, 2021

Star Blazers 2199 1.26

Memories of the Blue Planet

The Yamato nears Earth but two members of the crew, Commander Okita and Yuki, are both in very bad shape. Yuki is in a coma after getting shot in the previous episode. The doctor doesn't think she will survive. Executive Officer Sanada has her placed in the stasis capsule that held Yurisha.

Commander Okita's health continues to get worse. Yuki wakes up but she is only awake long enough to say Susumu Kodai's name and then dies. Susumu is distraught over losing her but he puts on a brave face and goes to the wedding of a couple of his friends.

There is a ghost aboard the Yamato, Mamoru Kodai, Susumu's brother. He activates the Cosmo Reverser. It brings Yuki back to life but then it shuts down. The crew has no idea how to restart it or if it ever can be started again.

Commander Okita dies. He spirit infuses the Cosmo Reverser and brings it back to life as the Yamato nears Earth.

Thoughts

I was very moved by this episode. I feel on some level as though I should not have been. I've been fairly dismissive of the pace at which this show flows. I have no excuse for my lack of composure as I watched this, the final episode of this series. I don't have any plans to watch the next show in this series, Star Blazers 2202.

No comments:

Post a Comment