Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Jewel of the Nile (1985)

starring Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, Danny DeVito
directed by Lewis Teague
produced by Michael Douglas

Joan Wilder (Kathleen Turner) grows tired of Jack Colton (Michael Douglas) and runs off with Omar, who turns out to be more sinister than she realized. Jack comes after her, after he runs into Ralph (Danny DeVito). The two men work together to find her and the Jewel of the Nile, which Omar has in his possession. They learn about the jewel from Tarak, who helps them get close to Omar's house.

Jack and Ralph get separated. Jack is reunited with Joan who has found the jewel. The jewel isn't a precious stone but Al-Julhara, a holy man. Jack, Joan, and Al-Julhara run from Omar. They are also pursued by Ralph, Tarak and his followers. 

Thoughts

This is the sequel to Romancing the Stone, which I have seen many times. This was my first time watching Jewel of the Nile. I had stayed away because I had heard that it wasn't very good. There wasn't much in this movie to make me doubt the negative reviews.

I wasn't impressed with this movie. There were some moments that made me laugh but overall it felt like a waster effort. I'm glad I've seen it but I don't have plans to watch it again, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment