Thursday, September 9, 2021

Mr. Inbetween 3.08

I'll See You Soon

The next day, Ray and Zoe continue on down the road. Zoe is driving. They are out in the middle of nowhere. Ray and Zoe are talking when a kangaroo appears out of nowhere. They hit it. The car starts rolling. The car is totaled. Ray survives without serious damage but Zoe is knocked unconscious.

Ray calls Rafael. An elderly couple in a camper shows up while Ray is waiting for Rafael. Rafael doesn't like the situation he finds when arrives. He kills the elderly couple. Ray and Rafael put Zoe in Rafael's car, along with all the junk they had. Ray takes the camper and the two bodies and finds a place to bury them. He makes his way back to town on foot.

He steals a car and finds Rafael. Zoe didn't make it. Rafael says she died before he could get her to a hospital. He gives Ray his car and Ray takes off.

Thoughts

Gary, Brittany, and Freddy are not in this episode. 

This episode reminded me of what I like about this show: the crazy messes that Ray finds himself in. I'm not sure if everything that happened was credible but it was close enough for me. I think it would have taken Ray considerably longer to bury the bodies and dump the camper and then get back to the city than 24 hours. He would have at the very least have been drenched in sweat.

Was Ray really in love with Zoe. I don't know. I doubt it. He just met her. What was her deal anyway? She said something about being a criminal but that's about as close as the show got to revealing what her deal was.

This was a good, tense episode that didn't feel too predictable. I will be a bit disappointed if there isn't a settling of scores with Rafael in the final episode of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment