Friday, September 17, 2021

Mr. Inbetween 3.09

I'm Not Leaving

Ray sells his place. He's decided to move on. Brittany isn't happy about it. He tells her he will only be an hour and a half away.

Gary visits Ray at his new place, a camper.

Ray has a chat with Freddy who gives him some information on someone who wants to meet with him. Ray takes Dave to the meeting. It turns out to be a setup. Rafael wants Ray dead. Things don't work out for Rafael or the two men he brings with him. Dave gets shot. He doesn't make it either.

Ray goes back and sees Freddy who admits to what he did. He says they made him. They were watching him.

Ray starts a new life, as a taxi driver. He stops shaving his head, lets his beard grow out. One night he picks up a couple young guys in his cab. They want him to drop them off in a remote spot, at night. 

Thoughts

The ending is ambiguous but I don't see how Ray could have survived. They were obviously sent after him by someone he pissed off, maybe Freddy. 

I like the ambiguous ending. I like it better than seeing him get killed or escape from yet another impossible situation. The setup earlier in the episode was crazy enough. Dave didn't make it but Ray survived with just a few scrapes, no serious injuries.

I like this season better than the second one but it takes some weird turns. I thought they pushed things a little too far in some directions that didn't work for me in the previous season.

Overall I think this show is worth a watch but it probably isn't everyone's cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment