Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 1.03

Because You Left

Midge gets bailed out by Lenny Bruce. It is his way of repaying her for helping him out.

Rose, Midge’s mother, is sick with worry about Midge. Abe doesn’t listen but then he goes to see Moishe, Joel’s father. He offers to pay for half of the apartment. Moishe agrees to the offer.

Midge gets a lawyer and goes to court. She mouths off to the judge and is held in contempt. She needs $200 to pay the fine she incurred. She turns to Joel for help and he comes through. She apologizes to the judge, which she did not want to do. She is then pushed into pleading guilty, which she also did not want to do and is sentenced to time served.

Midge hangs out with Lenny and helps to emcee a jazz club. It gives her an opportunity to try out some new material. She goes home and finds Joel waiting for her outside the building. He tells her he wants to get back with her. She says no. He asks her why. Her answer is the title of this episode.

Thoughts

I think this is my favorite episode so far. I’m still not in love with this show. It’s okay but it doesn’t grab me. I can see it doing things that I’m sure speak to some viewers but not to me. The on-stage comedy scenes are still a turn-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment