Wednesday, January 26, 2022

NewsRadio 4.22

Sinking Ship

WNYX is a ship. Dave is the captain. Lisa, Mr. James, and Bill are passengers. Joe, Matthew, and Walt are crew members. Dave is concerned that the ship will hit an iceberg and sink. That's exactly what happens.

Beth is not in this episode.

This is the final episode of the season. It is kind of off the wall in the same way that the final episode of season 3 was. I didn't find it very good or funny. There are no discernable plot threads, just a lot of gags. Maybe if I had seen Titanic I might appreciate this episode more.

On the plus side, the episode title makes sense.

This is it for Bill's run on the show. Phil Hartman was killed by his wife in May 1998 while she was under the influence of alcohol and prescription medication. She committed suicide the next day. It's a shame that his life ended that way. The show returned for a final season with Jon Lovitz added to the cast. I recall watching some of those episodes when they first aired. I plan to watch the final season in the near future at my usual slowpoke pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment