Friday, January 28, 2022

Schitt's Creek 1.01

Our Cup Runneth Over

Johnny and Moira Rose and their two adult children (David and Alexis) lose almost everything they own beause they haven't paid their taxes. The only thing they have left is the town of Schitt's Creek, so they move there. They are used to a very luxurious lifestyle. They are forced to move in to a couple rooms at a run down motel.

Roland, the mayor of Schitt's Creek, meets them when they arrive. Johnny explodes when Roland overstays his welcome in their room. Roland leaves but they come back from lunch only to discover the doors to their rooms missing.

Thoughts

I really enjoyed this. I like the clash of cultures. They handle it well. I'm eager to see where the show goes from here. First episodes aren't always the best representatives of what most episodes of a show are like.

Notes

Johnny is played by Eugene Levy. Moira is played by Catherine O'Hara. I've seen both of them in a number of movies. I believe they were both members of the Second City Television troop. I associate her most with her role in the Home Alone movies but I know I've seen her in other stuff including some of Christopher Guest's movies like Best in Show.

David is played by Dan Levy, Eugene's son in real life. I've only seen him in one thing before this, that I can recall, Happiest Season (2020). Alexis is played by Annie Murphy. I don't think I've seen her before in anything else.

Roland is played by Chris Elliott. I remember him from Get A Life, which I haven't seen in probably 30 years. I think he has also shown up in a few movies I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment