Tuesday, January 4, 2022

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power 5.01

Horde Prime

The Rebellion is on the run from the Horde. They are using magic to hide themselves from Horde Prime's machines. Adora is no longer She-Ra but she keeps acting like she is. She still has the sword but it is broken in pieces. Her friends keep reminding her that she isn't as strong as she once was, as gently as they can.

Glimmer and Catra are still aboard Horde Prime's flagship. Glimmer is a prisoner. Catra has agreed to work for Horde Prime. She has told him what she knows about the Heart of Etheria. Horde Prime shows Glimmer live footage of the Rebellion getting hit hard my his machines. It is torture to Glimmer. She explains that the princesses are the key to controlling the Heart of Etheria. Horde Prime calls his troops off once he hears that.

Adora leads the Rebellion to the deepest part of the woods, an area that Madame Razz showed her. She hopes that they will all be safe there.

Thoughts

Some of the images in the opening have been changed, just as they have been in previous seasons.

This is a decent start to the final season. Adora is still just as stubborn as ever. It takes some time and defeats before she comes to accept that she is not as strong as she was as She-Ra.

Adora will get her sword repaired or replaced. I will be gobsmacked if she doesn't. My guess is that it will happen around the end of episode 7 of this season.

I am intrigued to see what role Shadow Weaver will play in the end of the show.

Horde Prime is surrounded by clones and machines. I don't think Horde Prime thinks much of Catra. He has already noticed that Catra has feelings for Adora. He will probably use that against her. 

I think Queen Angela will return before it is all over. When she left at the end of season 3 it didn't seem like she was killed, just transported elsewhere. My guess is that she will come to the rescue at a crucial moment in the story. I am not as certain about this as I am about Adora's sword.

I'm in it for the rest of the season/show. I may love it, I might not. I might just kind of like it. I might not like it at all. I have no strong sense of where my feelings will fall once I have seen it all, at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment