Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Wild Wild West 1.18

The Night of the Flaming Ghost

James West and Artemus Gordon are traveling by stagecoach when they cross paths with a man who claims to be John Brown. West doesn't believe Brown to be who he claims to be but he can't ignore the danger Brown poses to the U.S. Government. He has raised an army of bandits and possesses a super weapon that he plans to use on the US Army and anyone else that stands in his way.

Thoughts

I don't like the way that West and Gordon talk about Carma in this episode. It gives me the creeps.

I started to watch this episode thinking I was watching a different one. I decided to stick with it even after I realized I had made a mistake. I wasn't terribly impressed. I'm not sure that there is an episode of this show that would impress me.

Notes

John Doucette played the part of John Brown. This is the first of two episodes of the show in which he appeared. He played a different character in the other episode.

Lynn Loring played the part of Carma Vasquez, the daughter of a bandit leader who works for Brown. She appeared in The Invaders 1.13 (Panic) and was married to Roy Thinnes, who played the lead role on that show.

Robert Ellenstein plays the part of Luis Vasquez, father of Carma. This is the first of five episodes of the show in which he appeared. He played different characters in each of those stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment