Thursday, December 1, 2022

Russian Doll 2.06

Schrodinger's Ruth

Nadia/Nora gives birth to herself/her daughter Nadia on the subway platform. Vera, Delia, and Ruth get her to the hospital. She rests there for a while. Chez comes to see her. He's got ideas. Nadia sneaks out with the baby/herself. She gets on the train and time travels from 1982 to 2022.

Nadia's phone rings. It is Maxine, Ruth is in the hospital. Nadia heads there with the baby. She lets Maxine and Lizzy look after Nadia while she goes looking for Ruth. She finds multiple Ruths. She goes to the morgue and finds multiple versions of herself, all dead, and one body that looks like Alan.

Alan returns from 1962 East Berlin. He goes looking for Nadia. Nadia goes looking for Alan. More weird things happen. The episode ends with Alan in the bathroom where the first season of the show began. Someone is knocking at the door. He opens it and comes face to face with Nadia who still has the baby.

Thoughts

This is a trippy little episode. I like it better than the previous one but I'm not sure if I love it. I like the call backs to the first season. I'm not sure where things go from here or how they are going to get wrapped up. My guess is that everything won't get explained. I can't not watch the last episode. I might love it. I might hate it. I can't not watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment