Thursday, August 31, 2023

Slip 1.07

The Dakini

Mae tries to drown her sorrow with drugs. She winds up hanging out with three guys in their late teens, smoking weed with them. She propositions one of them but he isn't interested. She tries eating food, lots of food, but it doesn't help her to feel any better.

Mae finally comes to some realizations and admits some things to herself. Gina finds her and they reconcile after she apologizes to Gina. She goes out for a walk that night and runs into Elijah.

Mae goes home with Elijah, after explaining to him what's been happening to her. They have sex, she wakes up the next morning and is back where she started, at the beginning of the series.

Thoughts

I wasn't sure if this would have a happy ending but it does. I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out. It didn't feel earned. Mae went through a lot but I'm not sure she had earned what she got in the end.

It was an interesting ride, I will give it that. I'm not sure I would watch it again. I'm not sure if there is going to be a second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment