Sunday, July 11, 2021

NewsRadio 4.13

Who's the Boss (Part 2)

Mr. James decides that there will be an election to determine whether Dave or Lisa will be the News Director. Neither of them want the job. They do their best to make it clear that they don't want the job to everyone voting.

Matthew runs for the office of Fire Marshall. No one else wants the job but Matthew insists on campaigning for it.

Joe's brothers show up. They argue and fight with him and one another about the plans for their parents' 35th wedding anniversary.

Notes

Joe's brother Russ is played by Bryan Callen. This was one of his earliest roles role in TV or film. I know him best from MADtv.

Joe's brother Jack is played by Nick Di Paolo, whom I know best from Horace and Pete.

Joe's brother Al is played by Robert Hegyes, whom I know best for playing Juan Epstein on Welcome Back Kotter.

Michael Kostroff plays Carl from Accouting. I know him best from the first season of Luke Cage where he played Dr. Burstein. He was also in the Wire.

Thoughts

I don't think I enjoyed this episode as much as the previous one, the first installment of this two-part story. This one felt a little more forced. The best part about the subplot involving Joe's brother was the guest stars who they got to play Joe's brothers. The situation itself didn't bring a smile to my face or make me laugh.

The most notable thing about this episode is that Dave finally gets reinstated as New Director at WNYX. Lisa was New Director for roughly 8 episodes, since the end of the 4.05 (French Diplomacy).

No comments:

Post a Comment