Friday, August 13, 2021

Crashing 1.01

Episode 1

Kate throws a birthday party for Sam. He hopes he will get laid. A lot of people show up for the party which is held in the abandoned hospital where Kate and Sam live. They share the space with Anthony, her fiancée, Melody, an artist. Colin, one of Kate's coworkers, comes to the party and decides to move in. He is going through a divorce. Lulu, an old friend of Anthony, also decides to move in to the hospital.

Thoughts

This feels a little like Friends. I wasn't crazy about this episode but it had some moments I liked. Lulu is played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the creator and star of Fleabag. I liked Fleabag very much. This one is a little older and seems a little less focused than Fleabag. I don't recognize any of the other actors in this show.

Crashing just lasted for one 6-episode season. I don't think I will love it but I will watch at least one more episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment