Monday, September 21, 2026

Bleach (2018)

Bleach (2018)

starring Sota Fukushi, Hana Sugisaka
directed by Shinsuke Sato

108 minutes

This was basically an abbreviated version of the first arc / season of Bleach. It took 20 episodes of the anime to tell this story. There were a number of stories from the first season of the anime that were not included in this movie.

On the whole I wasn't thrilled by this movie. I liked most of the characters but fast tracking the plot did not help. Some characters were different, at least in appearance, but the ones that stood out like a sore thumb were Renji and Byakuya, They should have looked considerably more impressive than they did. They should have been godlike and they weren't.

The special effects and the fight choreography didn't do anything for me. One of things I love most about the anime is the music. There is music in this movie but it isn't the music from the anime.

What I liked the most was the way that Ichigo (Sota Fukushi) and Rukia (Hana Sugisaka) were portrayed. They seemed very much like the characters from the manga and the anime.

I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone unless they have seen the first season of the anime and would like to see another take on telling that story. This could have been worse but I was hoping it would be better than it was or at the very least that I would like it more than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment