A Nice Place to Visit
starring Larry Blyden, Sebastian Cabot
written by Charles Beaumont
directed by John Brahm
Henry "Rocky" Valentine (Larry Blyden), killed by the police while trying to leave the scene of the crime (a bank heist) wakes up to find himself in a world where everything seems to go his way. Mr. Pip (Sebastian Cabot) is his guide in this new world. Rocky loves it at first but given time he starts to wonder if he really is in heaven.
Thoughts
It wasn't hard to see where the story was going. I like it but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had been a little more subtle and nuanced that it was.
This is the first of two episodes of this show in which Larry Blyden appeared. He also appeared in one episode each of Kraft Suspense Theatre and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.
This is the only episode of this show in which Sebastian Cabot appeared. I have also seen him in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1959), 1.14 A Bullet for Baldwin.
This is the fourth of 22 episodes of this show that was written by Charles Beaumont. The third one he wrote was 1.24 Long Live Walter Jameson.
This is the fifth of 12 episodes of this show that John Brahm directed. The fourth one was 1.21 Mirror Image. More recently than that I watched an episode of The Outer Limits (1963) that he directed, 1.20 The Bellero Shield.

No comments:
Post a Comment