Sunday, September 13, 2026

Modern Girls (1986)

Modern Girls (1986)

starring Cynthia Gibb, Virginia Madsen, Clayton Rohner, Daphne Zuniga
written by Laurie Craig
directed by Jerry Kramer

84 minutes

Cece (Cynthia Gibb) and Margo (Daphne Zuniga) talk Clifford (Clayton Rohner) into helping them look for their friend Kelly (Virginia Madsen). Clifford showed up at their apartment expecting to go on a date with Kelly only discover that she was more interested in a DJ named Brad. They find Kelly fairly quickly but she shows little interest Clifford.

Cece has a magical moment with a celebrity, Bruno X (Clayton Rohner). She convinces Margo and the others to help her in her quest to be reunited with Bruno X who is due to fly to South America the next morning.

Thoughts

I had not heard about this movie until a few days ago. I think it was a post on Blue Sky that turned me on to it. It was short enough so I decided to watch it.

This is not a great movie. I don't think it even qualifies as a good movie. I laughed a few times, but possibly not for the right reason. It gets silly in places. I wasn't moved by it. The performances and the way it was put together did not impress me. At times it was laughably bad.

Notes

If I have seen Cynthia Gibb in anything before then it would probably be episodes of the 1980s Fame show but I haven't watched that since the 1980s. She was in one episode of Tales from the Crypt.

Virginia Madsen voiced the part of Roulette in a couple episodes of JLU, the second of which was 3.09 Grudge Match. She voiced the part of Dr. Sarah Corwin in a two part story from the first season of Justice League, 1.07 The Brave and the Bold. She voiced the part of Arella in an episode of Teen Titans, 4.07 Prophecy. She also appeared in one episode of Star Trek: Voyager and three of Moonlighting.

Clayton Rohner appeared in one episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I have only seen Daphne Zuniga in one movie prior to this and it's one that I have not watched in quite some time. Rick Overton is also in this movie.

This is the only movie I have watched that was written by Laurie Craig or directed by Jerry Kramer.

No comments:

Post a Comment