Monday, September 7, 2026

Tales of the Unexpected 2.01

Royal Jelly

starring Timothy West, Susan George
directed by Herbert Wise

Albert (Timothy West) and Mabel (Susan George) Taylor's baby Victoria is underweight and doesn't seem to want to drink milk. Albert, a beekeeper, secretly starts feeding Victoria royal jelly, the stuff that queen bees eat. He keeps it a secret from Mabel until one day he tells her. 

Thoughts

I get where they were going with this episode but it was such a weird turn of events that I was left scratching my head. It has a twist ending but there just wasn't enough here to suck me in.

This is not a good start to this season. I was definitely hoping for something more.

Notes

This is the only episode of this show in which Timothy West appeared. 

This is the second of two episodes of this show in which Susan George appeared. The first was 1.04 Lamb to the Slaughter.

This is the second of two episodes of this show that Herbert Wise directed. The first was 1.05 The Landlady.

09/07/26 - 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment