Saturday, September 5, 2026

Teen Titans 5.10

Go!

A teenage alien girl escapes from the Gordanians holding her captive. She arrives on Earth, her hands still manacled. She struggles but is unable to free her hands. She does not speak English. She meets and fights with four other teenagers: Robin, Beast Boy (formerly of the Doom Patrol), Raven, and Cyborg. Raven convinces them that they don't need to fight the alien girl. Robin frees her from the manacles.

The Gordanians arrive on Earth looking for their former captive. They threaten to destroy the city if the people there don't stay out of their way. Robin and the others do not stay out of the way. The five teenagers team up and defeat the Gordanians. The alien girl introduces herself, after the fighting has stopped. Her name is Starfire.

Thoughts

There are a lot of firsts in this episode, or at least I guess you can call them firsts because this episode takes place before all the other episode of this show. I am referring to things like Starfire screaming out Robin's name to Cyborg yelling "booyah" to Raven saying "Azarath Metrion Zinthos".

I really enjoyed this episode. I wasn't expecting it but I love that they went there. 

Notes

This was a retelling of the story in New Teen Titans (1980) 1. It has been several years since I last read that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment