Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Tales from the Crypt 2.03

Cutting Cards

starring Lance Henriksen, Kevin Tighe
written by Mae Woods, Walter Hill
directed by Walter Hill

Two gamblers, Reno Crevice (Lance Henriksen) and Sam Forney (Kevin Tighe), engage in a series of high stakes gambles that include throwing dice, Russian  Roulette, and poker. 

Thoughts

This episode intrigued me until it took a weird right turn. It wasn't so much where the story went as much as it was that it seemed like the stakes changed without any indication as to why they changed.

The ending seemed kind of silly to me.

Notes

The story for this episode was adapted from a six-page story of the same name that was originally published in Tales from the Crypt 32 (Oct-Nov 1952) by Al Feldstein and Fred Peters. 

This is the first of two episodes of this show in which Lance Henriksen appeared. I've seen him in a number of movies. Most recently I saw him in Dog Day Afternoon (1975). I also remember him vividly from Millennium, even though in has been over 15 years since I last watched it. 

This is the only episode of this show in which Kevin Tighe appeared. He appeared in two episodes of Freaks and Geeks, 1.06 I'm with the Band and 1.16 Smooching and Mooching.

This episode is Mae Woods only writing credit. 

This is the second of three episodes of this show that Walter Hill wrote and directed. The first was 1.01 The Man Who Was Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment