Monday, September 14, 2026

Tales from the Crypt 2.04

'Til Death

starring D.W. Moffett, Pamela Gien
written by Jeri Barchilon
directed by Chris Walas

Logan Andrews (D.W. Moffett), desperate for money so that he can build the resort that will make him rich, woos Margaret Richardson (Pamela Gien). She isn't very impressed with him until he uses a love potion that he obtained from Psyche, his former lover. Psyche warns him about using too much of the potion but he ignores her warning. The overdose kills Margaret but she returns from the dead not long after she has been laid to rest and continues to pursue Logan.

Thoughts

Where is this episode supposed to take place? Probably some place in the West Indies but I don't think that it is ever clearly stated.

This was not a good episode. It got so over the top ridiculous that I started laughing at how ridiculous it was but it wasn't really funny.

Notes

This is the only episode of this show in which D.W. Moffett appeared. I have seen him in at least four movies but none that I have seen recently. This is the only episode of this show in which Pamela Gien appeared. Janet Hubert played the part of Psyche. This is the only episode of this show in which she appeared. This is the only episode of this show that was written by Jeri Barchilon or directed by Chris Walas.

The story was inspired by a story of the same name from The Vault of Horror 28 (Dec 1952-Jan 1953) that was written and drawn by Johnny Craig. Based on the description I have read of the comic book story, it varies a bit from the episode of the TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment